Monday, November 15, 2010

second chance...

Sewing desk refrub...
Ken was out of town on business & I went thrift store shopping.
I saw this & the man at this really bad thrift store wanted $10.
I didn't get it... When Ken got home I told him about it and he said,
"how can something not be worth $10?" We went back and bought it.

Washed & sanded it...
 Glued all the joints back together...
Primed and painted....
It's cream with black drawer handles (the handles are original,
they are really cool, you can't see them very good in the pic)
also, the pic doesn't do the drawer lining justice...
I cut cardboard 1/4 inch smaller in length & width, covered with
warm & natural batting, then black velvet. It's beautiful!
It's the perfect height to sew on. I'm really happy with how it turned out!
It's true... how can something not be worth $10?

No comments :