Wednesday, February 22, 2012

WIP Wednesday {Maple Leaf Rag}

It is still Wednesday... right? (Well, for a few more hours anyway)
When I saw Megan post her Maple Leaf Rag back when it was a WIP,
I knew I had to make one too :). Go to her blog! You're gonna flip!
If you haven't checked out Material Obsession 2,
I hightly recommend you do so! I bought it last time I was at Quiltique
(before no fabric February).
Here is mine... I'm about 1/3 way there and lovin' EVERY minute of it!

The pattern has you cut 1/2 squares from quilters muslin. I didn't follow that part of the pattern (I'm wild, I know ;)...) because I predicted the seams of the webs wouldn't line up that way. Also, that would make it SO thick, as you all know I'm a hand quilter and I prefer my thickness in batting. FLUFFY, just like me! Haha! Anyway, I'm glad I did it this way, cause my seams are lining up PERFECTY!


Do you like my set up?... My Flea Market Fancy Quilt has got my design wall occupied right now, so I'm using card tables :)


Well, there she is... is it Friday yet? I wanna sew!!!


W.I.P. Wednesday at freshly pieced

3 comments :

Kristie said...

Gorgeous! I love Megan's quilt, too. Yours is shaping up to be just as spectacular! I have that book...may have to give it a go if I get crazy enough!

Megan said...

Oh my gosh Robin, you're kicking my butt here! I really wish I handn't used muslin too, its been a disaster, but no turning back for me. I love seeing all your fabric combinations - it's amazing how many possibilities there are with this design!

Creating Night Owl said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!