Friday, February 10, 2012

Finish Friday {Ranch Quilt}

I made this as a gift for My Guy's Sister and Brother-in-law's
25th Wedding Anniversary
I completed this quilt in December
(while I was doing these, crazy, I know!).
Their Silver Anniversary Celebration with
friends and family was at their ranch in Colorado.
I shipped in plenty of time and they opened it at thier party.
This quilt was out of my comfort zone...
I generally steer clear of batik's, but I wanted a rustic-ranchy feel.
I think I got just that! I really love how it turned out :).

{Work in progress}
You may not kow this about me, but I hand-quilt all my quilts.
Yes, good old-fashioned quilt frames and needle and quilting thread.
I just love the "puff" of a hand quilted quilt... SO SOFT!
Waiting for binding
{See the beauty she's lying on?... stay tuned!}
I hand stitched this label (that light bulb is their company logo)
Brown minky on the back <3!

I know this quilt will get lots of cuddle time by the fireplace.

No comments :